- Material Culture + Religion + DIY
Saw it here first:
Click on Category to search for posts:
PURIM LEGO gragger
Shavuot Edible Mt. Sinai
- Celery Butts for Karpas (and for butterflies)
- DIY Maror: Maple seeds
- SEARCH all Bible Belt Balabusta posts for activities, crafts, ideas:
- When Life Gives You Walnuts, Make a Lesson Plan
- DIY Jewish star stamps
- 3-D Clay Topographical Maps of Israel
- Making Matzah with Kids
- Matzah tray in 30 minutes (home or school)
- Giveaway: Moses & Pharaoh Action Figures
- Native Seed Bombs as Party Crafts
- Burning The Bush
- Edible Havdalah Candles
- Repurposed Christmas Trees at Tu B’Shevat
- Tie-Dye Challah Cover improvements
My articles elsewhere:• Hanukkah Parent School Visits (InterFaithFamily)
• A Jewish Backyard(InterFaithFamily)
•Jewish in Nashville (Kveller.com)
•Passover the Slacker Way (Kveller.com)
•Edible Fruit Bowls for Tu Bishvat (GourmetKosherCooking.com)
•Tu Bishvat Bird Feeder (Kveller.com)
•Tu Bishvat in Candy Land (Kveller.com)
•A Whale of a Snack for Yom Kippur (edible whales) (Kveller.com)
•I Need Storebought Thematic Snackyness and I Need it Now (edible shofars) (Kveller.com)
•Edible Craft: New Year's Apple Bowl for Honey (Kveller.com)
•Apple Print Blessings Placemat (Kveller.com)
•Mt. Sinai Muffins (Kveller.com)
•Converting Toys to Judaism(Kveller.com)
•Make a Mezuzah(Kveller.com)
•How to Make a Mezuzah with Kitsch and Class (PEZ dispenser + Mezuzah = PEZuzah)(MyJewishLearning.com)
Pics from Posts
LEGO (and Hunger Games) Lag B’Omer
© Bible Belt Balabusta by Joanna Brichetto, 2008-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Bible Belt Balabusta and Joanna Brichetto with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- 1,166,935 hits
- "ONLY LEARNING THAT IS ENJOYED WILL BE LEARNED WELL" — Judah ha-Nasi, redactor of the Mishnah
Search for ideas
Printable how-to: LEGO Dreidel
Hands-on Jewish Learning
From JOANNA BRICHETTO:
My goal is to help kids and grownups spend time together making Jewish things. I like stuff that is hands-on, attractive, non-fussy, cheap and real, and so fun no one realizes it's educational.
The value is in the doing, not just the being done, and in the conversations and questions that happen along the way. Every project comes with helpful and (hopefully) pleasant chatter, because my native compulsiveness and enthusiasm means that I’ve given the meaning, function, and possible permutations a lot of thought. You won’t need to do much planning, because I’ll have done it for you.
Defining the TermsBalabusta, n. (bal-eh-boos’-teh) Yiddish for female boss of the home, a praiseworthy Jewish homemaker.
Bible Belt, n. where I am, and where most Jews aren’t.
For details, see "Nu?"
It doesn’t matter if you don’t live in the Bible Belt. The geographical modifier is a flag to indicate that the author is used to being outnumbered, without resources, and thus able to do just about anything from scratch. Newbies welcome. I used to be one, long ago.
- Jewish LEGO
- Jewish Tangrams
- DIY Mezuzah
- DIY Holiday School Visits
- Holiday Carnival Plans
10 Commandments Origami
Shavuot Ice-Cream-in-a-Bag Snack
- DIY Maror: Maple seeds biblebeltbalabusta.com/2020/04/08/diy… https://t.co/NhbhcQAeka 11 months ago
- Maybe a holiday wasn't the best time to audition new silicone baking pans. Only three wee honeycakes emerged entire… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- Search all Bible Belt Balabusta posts for activities, crafts,@ideas: biblebeltbalabusta.com/2017/03/28/sea… https://t.co/vnwxZISMA9 3 years ago
- When Life Gives You Walnuts, Make a Lesson Plan biblebeltbalabusta.com/2016/11/25/wal… https://t.co/EmwMReo8in 4 years ago
- To bring to life the dead space between fall and winter #Jewish holidays: The Gingerbread #Golem Cookie tinyurl.com/j5mdf7a 4 years ago
Featured on WIRED
Tagsactivity antisemitism Apples baking Bal Tashchit besamim birds Blessings brachot candles carnival challah chanukah clay costume craft dreidel Duplo edible craft Edible pen etrog game gardening gelt hamantaschen Hanukkah hardware Havdalah Hebrew Honey Jewish Identity jewish toys Jonah K'NEX kosher Lego lulav Maror matzah menorah mezuzah Mishloach Manot mitzvah nature olive oil omer origami Passover PEZ plagues Playmobil polymer polymer clay purim recycle Rosh Hashanah scrap art sculpey seder seder plate seeds sh'ma Shavuot shema shofar star of david sukkah sukkot tangrams Torah toys trash art trees upcycle whale
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.