A Purim carnival without cheap, plastic prizes? What if instead of winning crappy, non-recyclable tchotchkes, a kid at a Purim carnival wins tzedakah tickets—Mitzvah Money—from each game, and then stuffs them into a pushke for his or her favorite charity? At least two synagogues are doing this already, and this year, mine will, too.
It’s just like Chuck E. Cheese, only instead of redeeming tickets for disposable clutter, kids donate tickets to help people less fortunate.
If the tzedakah-centric model sounds like carnival buzz-kill, read on.
Saw it here first:
PURIM LEGO gragger
Shavuot Edible Mt. Sinai
LEGO (and Hunger Games) Lag B’Omer
My articles elsewhere:• Hanukkah Parent School Visits (InterFaithFamily)
• A Jewish Backyard(InterFaithFamily)
•Jewish in Nashville (Kveller.com)
•Passover the Slacker Way (Kveller.com)
•Edible Fruit Bowls for Tu Bishvat (GourmetKosherCooking.com)
•Tu Bishvat Bird Feeder (Kveller.com)
•Tu Bishvat in Candy Land (Kveller.com)
•A Whale of a Snack for Yom Kippur (edible whales) (Kveller.com)
•I Need Storebought Thematic Snackyness and I Need it Now (edible shofars) (Kveller.com)
•Edible Craft: New Year's Apple Bowl for Honey (Kveller.com)
•Apple Print Blessings Placemat (Kveller.com)
•Mt. Sinai Muffins (Kveller.com)
•Converting Toys to Judaism(Kveller.com)
•Make a Mezuzah(Kveller.com)
•How to Make a Mezuzah with Kitsch and Class (PEZ dispenser + Mezuzah = PEZuzah)(MyJewishLearning.com)
- Jewish Tangrams: Rosh Hashanah (printable)
- Instant (free) Replacement Shades for Multi-Head Lamp, DIY
- Giant Torn-Paper Mosaic Map of Israel
- Salt Dough Map of Israel
- Spew Jonah (with a Whale popper)
- Alef Bet Sensory Activities (and Hebrew Letter Carnival)
- Quick Seder Plate for kids
- Felt Matzah cover in 30 min. (classroom or home)
- Matzah holder (3 pockets) in 30 min.
- Where has the Target Jew stuff gone?
- Purim Carnival Stations
- Purim Carnival Alternative, Miztvah-centric
- Tootsie Torahs (and how not to make them)
- Gyotaku Fish-Printing in Adar (for Purim)
Pics from Posts
- © Bible Belt Balabusta by Joanna Brichetto, 2008-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Bible Belt Balabusta and Joanna Brichetto with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- 255,147 hits