Saw it here first:
PURIM LEGO gragger
Shavuot Edible Mt. Sinai
LEGO (and Hunger Games) Lag B’Omer
My articles elsewhere:• Hanukkah Parent School Visits (InterFaithFamily)
• A Jewish Backyard(InterFaithFamily)
•Jewish in Nashville (Kveller.com)
•Passover the Slacker Way (Kveller.com)
•Edible Fruit Bowls for Tu Bishvat (GourmetKosherCooking.com)
•Tu Bishvat Bird Feeder (Kveller.com)
•Tu Bishvat in Candy Land (Kveller.com)
•A Whale of a Snack for Yom Kippur (edible whales) (Kveller.com)
•I Need Storebought Thematic Snackyness and I Need it Now (edible shofars) (Kveller.com)
•Edible Craft: New Year's Apple Bowl for Honey (Kveller.com)
•Apple Print Blessings Placemat (Kveller.com)
•Mt. Sinai Muffins (Kveller.com)
•Converting Toys to Judaism(Kveller.com)
•Make a Mezuzah(Kveller.com)
•How to Make a Mezuzah with Kitsch and Class (PEZ dispenser + Mezuzah = PEZuzah)(MyJewishLearning.com)
- Dollar Store Shofar Craft
- Origami Shofar
- Jewish Tangrams: Rosh Hashanah (printable)
- Instant (free) Replacement Shades for Multi-Head Lamp, DIY
- Giant Torn-Paper Mosaic Map of Israel
- Salt Dough Map of Israel
- Spew Jonah (with a Whale popper)
- Alef Bet Sensory Activities (and Hebrew Letter Carnival)
- Quick Seder Plate for kids
- Felt Matzah cover in 30 min. (classroom or home)
- Matzah holder (3 pockets) in 30 min.
- Where has the Target Jew stuff gone?
- Purim Carnival Stations
- Purim Carnival Alternative, Miztvah-centric
Pics from Posts
- © Bible Belt Balabusta by Joanna Brichetto, 2008-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Bible Belt Balabusta and Joanna Brichetto with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- 262,320 hits
- "Only learning that is enjoyed will be learned well" —Judah ha-Nasi, redactor of the Mishnah
Search for ideas
Printable how-to: LEGO Dreidel
Hands-on Jewish Learning
My goal is to help kids and grownups spend time together making Jewish things. I like stuff that is hands-on, attractive, non-fussy, cheap and real, and so fun no one realizes it's educational.
The value is in the doing, not just the being done, and in the conversations and questions that happen along the way. Every project comes with helpful and (hopefully) pleasant chatter, because my native compulsiveness and enthusiasm means that I’ve given the meaning, function, and possible permutations a lot of thought. You won’t need to do much planning, because I’ll have done it for you.
Defining the TermsBalabusta, n. (bal-eh-boos’-teh) Yiddish for female boss of the home, a praiseworthy Jewish homemaker.
Bible Belt, n. where I am, and where most Jews aren’t.
For details, see "Nu?"
It doesn’t matter if you don’t live in the Bible Belt. The geographical modifier is a flag to indicate that the author is used to being outnumbered, without resources, and thus able to do just about anything from scratch. Newbies welcome. I used to be one, long ago.
- *Make a Mezuzah*
- Jewish Tangrams
- Jewish LEGO
- Mitzvah Chart
- Why make stuff with our kids?
- Holiday School Visits: Show and Tell
- Make bedtime Jewish
- Holiday Parties / Carnivals
- Making Toys Jewish
10 Commandments Origami
Shavuot Ice-Cream-in-a-Bag Snack
- RT @KlempnerJots: Need help picking a honey to pair w/yr apple? @nprnews: From Cotton Candy To Cat Pee: Decoding Tasting Notes In Honey htt… 3 days ago
- Dollar Store Shofar Craft (party horn) wp.me/pvKSY-2hA #roshhashanah 4 days ago
- diy Origami Shofar for kids (toy, placecard, greeting card) wp.me/pvKSY-2h0 #roshhashanah 1 week ago
- Jewish Tangrams for Rosh Hashanah (home or school) Printable wp.me/pvKSY-2fQ 4 weeks ago
- Instant (free) Replacement Shades for Multi-Head Lamp,@DIY wp.me/pvKSY-2fs 1 month ago